Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Hiya!!

Hi there!  So, I know what you're thinking...yet another crafty-like blog, right?  Well, yes, it is!  But doesn't the world have enough of these?  Why another one?  What do I have to offer that others don't?
Don't be like the rest of them darling:
Well, I'm a firm believer that everyone's journey through life has provided them with unique perspectives.  And I think that, if we keep an open mind and remain humble, we can constantly learn something from our fellow crafters.  No one is right, no one is wrong, we're all just different.  So take what works for you, and leave the rest; just live and let live!
 :

So of course, I have my own creative/crafty experiences which have shaped my current way of doing things, and my perspective on how to approach my crafty pursuits:  Just dive right in, eat the elephant (one bite/stitch/twist at a time), and you can do it!
And why should you listen to me?  Well, I'm not saying that you should.  You're free to move on at any time.  But I'll let you know a couple of things about me that I think are interesting: 1) my grandmother taught me to crochet when I was 8 years old, 2) I taught myself knitting at age 20, 3) I taught myself hand spinning on a wheel when I was 24, 4) I learned hand-spinning on a spindle when I was in my 30's, 5) I have cleaned, combed, and/or carded wool fleece for spinning, 6) I've hand dyed yarn and fleece 7) I taught myself to sew so I could create period Renaissance costumes, including hand-sewn eyelets on the bodices (yes, I'm a weirdo Rennie!), 8) I started my own Etsy business making "elf coats" out of cut-up recycled sweaters and serging them together, 9) I went through a couple of years creating nail art, and I blogged about it on Fancy Schmancy Nails, 10) and finally, I taught myself to quilt just last year at the ripe old age of 40.  I have a loom, and learning to weave is on my to-do list!  I consider myself as a jack of all trades, master of some.
Adventure Time Quote | Flickr - Photo Sharing!:

So why am I writing this blog?  Well as I mentioned, I am self-taught in a myriad of crafty areas.  But that's not really entirely correct...I actually learned from reading books and blogs, and watching YouTube videos.  I was able to figure out how to do all of these wonderful crafts which bring me such joy because other fantastic people took the time and made the effort to share what they had learned; their own unique crafty life experiences.  So I'm hoping that by sharing my own, I will be lucky enough to do the same for someone else.

 :

So if you really want to see what I'm all about, check out my Pinterest page HERE.  Follow one, a few, or all of my boards!  Are you a Ravelry member?  If you knit or crochet, RUN to check it out, and you can see my page HERE.

And here's some stuff I've made...street cred, if you will!




W/My Spindle @ Ren Faire 2010: My English kirtle.  Renaissance Pleasure Faire - Everything was made by me except the hat! 2011: Coffee Cup Paisley Nails, November 2012: Mermaid's Tears...I regret selling this beauty!: Hugs & Kisses for DadFlannel Flowers



So there!  Come on back & I'll share some crafty stuff with you! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment