Monday, April 18, 2016

1 Year Ago Today...

Apparently, I enjoy pain.  This explains why in October of 2014, I began a Master of Arts in Management degree program at the University of Redlands.  4 hours of classroom instruction every. single. week.  Along with my full-time day job as an HR manager.  No breaks, just 18 continuous brutal months chock full of reading, writing, and lecture.  So so painful, not just for me, but for my family who had to learn how to live without my attention, not to mention a sleep-deprived grouchy version of my normal self, for a year and a half.

But this was a goal I had set for myself, and as they say, "The Tassel is Worth the Hassle".  I was so incredibly proud of myself when I  participated in commencement on April 18, 2015, 1 year ago today!  There were times, about half-way through, when I seriously wanted to quit.  Seriously, I was soooo tired, and I wanted my life back!  But I dug deep, put on my big girl panties, and did it!
Back of my cap!

Selfie from the back row

Finally in my hot little hand!

So set your goals, and work hard to achieve them!
And with all the free time I had after I was done, I taught myself to quilt! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment